As we take a look at the potential for the upcoming season, the excitement starts to build for a number of different reasons:
· A solid core group of players are returning.
· We have a talented class of recruits.
· New alumni recruiting streams are forming.
· Barclay has been accepted into the NCCAA Div. II - providing a higher level of competition and greater opportunities to expand our program.
· Coach Steve has completed the USSF National D coaches training, and coach Kevin has completed the USSF National E coaches training and licensing.
· Night games are coming to Haviland, KS.
On July 23, 25, 27, and 28 there will be a soccer camp in Wichita, KS featuring Chico Borja formerly of the Wichita Wings. There is a special discount for any Barclay player who would like to attend (See coaches Steve or Kevin for details).
Soccer players are to report to campus for Training Camp on August 10 by 1:00 PM. A sports physical is required to play. If you have not received a sports physical, a time will be scheduled for our team at the Kiowa County Hospital – cost is typically under $20.